Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Hunger Games: Katniss/The Girl On Fire/District 12 Tutorial

I just recently finished the 2nd book of the Hunger Games and wowie! I absolutely love it. I cannot wait to sink my teeth into the last book.
I'm really excited for the film to be released and I thought I'd create this look using the inspiration from Katniss- The Girl on Fire.
First off we need to apply a primer to make sure the eyeshadows stick and will be their most vibrant! I'm using UD Primer Potion in Eden for this look.
Using a any pencil, sketch out the shape you want your eyes to look. This will be a guideline for when you apply your colour.
Apply UD Creep into the shape with a smallish brush (I'm using an ELF crease brush)
Don't worry about fall out as this can easily be tidied up afterwards :)
This doesn't need to be perfect, so long as you get the basic shape is all that matters.
Now we need to blend out those harsh edges. With a fluffy brush, apply a little of UD Gunmetal and blend out.
You should have something that looks like this.
Take UD Half Baked and apply this to create a cut-crease. 
Apply Creep onto the bottom lashline.
This will more than likely be looking like a mess now, but don't worry.
With half baked, run that through the Creep aswell.
Now to tidy up!
Get yourself a few Cotton Buds/Q-Tips and a makeup wipe and clean up your eye area.
I'm going to remove some of the makeup from the eyebrow, make my corner more of a wing and clean up under my eye.
To me this feels better, now blend out the rough edges.
I then applied UD Zero to the lid.
Taking Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Berber (I feel this is just perfect for Katniss) and apply this to the inner corner. I'm going to create random lines with it to look like fire coming from the corner.
Apply the glitter end of Collection 2000 Glam Glitter in OMG! all over the lid randomly.
I'm now applying UD Virgin as highlight to my eyebrow, black pencil to the waterline and some falsies to my lashes.


Here is the finished look:
Open-
Closed-

I really hope you enjoyed this look!
I decided to tie my hair up in her signature side plait but of course my hair isn't the right colour.


Just playing around with a smile-
Have you read the books?
Are you looking forward to the film release?

1 comment:

  1. super fun look, great job. i haven't read the books yet but i want to! xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete